Accessible Customer Service Policy
Our commitment to accessibility
Westgate Honda is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities.
We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
We continue to make enhancements across our organization so that we can offer barrier-free facilities and services. To learn more, please contact our Customer Service Manager by email: email@example.com or by phone: (519) 472-4890
We will communicate with people with disabilities in a manner that takes into account their disability. We will work with the person with a disability and determine a method of communication based on their needs.
Customers with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our services or facilities.
We welcome clients with disabilities and their service animals when accessing our services or facilities.
Customers with a disability can be accompanied by a support person when accessing our services or facilities. Westgate Honda will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and that the customer is not prevented from having access to the support person.
There may be times where seating and availability prevent the customer and support person from sitting beside each other. In these situations, Westgate Honda. will make every reasonable attempt to resolve the issue.
In situations where confidential information might be discussed, consent will be obtained from the customer, prior to any conversation where confidential information might be discussed.
Notice of temporary disruption
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of Westgate Honda. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services that customers with disabilities rely on to access or use Westgate Honda goods or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice. In some circumstances such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
Notifications will include:
In the event that a notification needs to be posted the following information will be included unless it is not readily available or known:
- Goods or services that are disrupted or unavailable;
- Reason for the disruption;
- Anticipated duration; and
- A description of alternative services or options.
When disruptions occur Westgate Honda will provide notice by:
- posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance and the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on our website;
- contacting customers with appointments;
- verbally notifying customers when they are booking an appointment; or
- by any other method that may be reasonable under the circumstances.
Training of staff
Westgate Honda provides accessible customer service training to employees at the time of hire and on an ongoing basis in respect of any material changes to this Policy as required by legislation, including:
- overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”) and the requirements of the customer service standards set out in the AODA regulations;
- this Policy;
- how to interact and communicate with clients with various types of disabilities;
- how to interact with clients with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- how to use equipment or devices available on-site, that may help with providing services to clients with disabilities; and
- what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our services or facilities.
We will notify employees, potential hires and the public that accommodations can be made during recruitment and hiring.
We will notify staff that supports are available for those with disabilities. We will put in place a process to develop individual accommodation plans for employees.
Where needed, we will also provide customized emergency information to help an employee with a disability during an emergency.
Our performance management, career development and redeployment processes will take into account the accessibility needs of all employees.
Feedback regarding our approach to ensuring all peoples, regardless of ability, receive the same customer service can be made in person, verbally or by email. All feedback will be directed to our Customer Service Manager.
680 Oxford Street West, London, ON, N6H1T9
Feedback will be addressed through our regular feedback handling procedures, which includes documenting any complaints. We will respond to feedback in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
Notice of availability of documents
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request from our Customer Service Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This policy and its related procedures will be reviewed as required in the event of legislative changes, or changes to company procedures.